Saturday, October 16, 2010

Website Review: Film Industry Bloggers

Website Review: Film Industry Bloggers

http://filmindustrybloggers.com/

I learned all about readers and feeds last month in my Media Literacy and Research Methodologies class at Full Sail University in the Entertainment Business Masters Program. At first I was thinking, "I'm never going to use this." However, I had no choice based on the assignments. I was really surprised that I actually liked the sites that I subscribed to. My favorite site that I subscribed to using Google Reader is Film Industry Bloggers. I ran across this site while trying to find articles that were relevant to my carreer interests. 

Let me explain exactly what the site is. Film Industry Bloggers has a variety of Bloggers whose blogs are about their current job position. Their position is also listed in the title of every post on the homepage. Some examples are, The Standby Painter - A Miraculous Return, A Future Film and The Hollywood Career Coach - WHAT’S YOUR CAREER OBJECTIVE? I really like that you are able to choose a blogger, such as The Manager, and review his posts. Based on my interests, I may choose to read posts by The Director or The Screenwriter.  If someone has a Google Reader account, or any other reader account, they may want to subscribe via RSS to one of these bloggers. I prefer, however, to subscribe to the homepage where I can see every new post that is published by the site. 

Film Industry Bloggers isn't a blogger site like www.blogger.com, where anyone can join. It seems to be a group of professionals that must qualify to blog on this site. There is a contact page with a 'request to blog' option. I doubt anyone who is not 'among the elite' will be granted this privilege. Overall, I would rate this site 9 out of 10 as far as information and examples are concerned. I would encourage aspiring filmmakers to check this site out and tap into information from real professionals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment