Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Final Post:


As I complete my final assignment for my Entertainment Business Masters Degree, I think about the new career opportunities I am sure to find. In order to successfully and competitively have an advantage, I have to explore the changing technologies in this industry. The new technology offers new ways of distribution. It also offers new ways for consumers to purchase and rent movies. There are many movie fans that are stepping away from the traditional theater experience. This may be because of the current economic times and the rising ticket prices, or maybe because of the different options that technology provides. With services like Netflix, lots of movies are available to be viewed for a small monthly price. Also with Red Box, people are able to rent movies for one dollar, compared to spending over twenty dollars for a date night at the movies. Also with 3D, blu-ray, and new better quality personal televisions, people are getting a quality experience at home.

As an aspiring filmmaker I think about these different changes over the years and see how my distribution methods can change. Will it be in the future, that movies will be purchased online with the click of a button as soon as they are released? Will televisions become the size of walls in normal middle class homes? And how do these possible changes affect my marketing strategies? All of these things must be considered and thought through, because there will be a period of time before I am releasing my movies and more and more changes are rapidly occurring. Staying on top of the game and observing future trends is very important in order to earn the most profit. As I continue on throughout my career I know that I will have to do careful evaluations of this ever-changing industry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment